Trash will be NOT be picked up the week of January 1, 2018 due to unsafe road conditions
Next trash pickup will be Wed., January 10, 2018
Trash and Recycling
Oldmans Township Recycles
Newspaper & Cardboard, Commingled Glass, Aluminum & Plastic
REMEMBER: RECYCLING SAVES TAXPAYERS DOLLARS!!!
Containers are available at the Municipal Building – $8/container.
Tarps are also available at the Township Hall if anyone wants to take extra trash to the landfill.
Vehicles must be covered with these approved tarps.
Recycling will be every other Wednesday
Trash Collection – Every Wednesday
- Do NOT place trash cans in front of mail box as this delays delivery of the mail
- Trash containers will be limited to a weight of 50 pounds. Containers exceeding the weight limit will NOT be picked up.
- No tires or batteries will be picked up
- Bulk items such as rugs (tied in 4 foot bundles, not to exceed 50 pounds)
- Wood or construction debris tied in 4 foot bundles (not to exceed 50 pounds)
- Plastic toys -these are not considered recyclable; put out in weekly trash
- Leaves will NOT be picked up with trash. Please call Town Hall for leaf removal
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone/soft cover books must be tied with twine or taped with masking tape or placed in CLEAR plastic bags or paper bags
- Paper shredding can be placed in a paper bag or cardboard box and sealed
- Junk mail/envelopes
- Paper (all colors, staples and paperclips okay)
- Carboard/Brown paper bags (must be flattened, tied and bundled)
- Plastic Narrow Neck bottles (numbered 1 or 2)
- Soda, juice, water bottles (glass or plastic)
- Milk jugs, bleach, detergent, shampoo bottles – crushed if possible
- Glass bottles/jars (any color)
- Metal cans (tin/steel/aluminum)
Do Not Include in Recycling Containers:
- Plastic bags (clear or black)
- Unmarked plastics (laundry baskets, chairs, toys, etc)
- Light bulbs
- Dishes, pryrex, ceramics
- Foam Packaging/Styrofoam cups
- Recyclables containing food waste
Household Rechargeable Batteries and Cell Phones:
There is a contained available at Town Hall to dispose of used rechargeable batteries (HOUSEHOLD, not auto) and cell phones. Alkaline batteries may be disposed of in the normal trash
Televisions, stereo equipment, computers, printers, copy machines, scanners, electronic tablets, E-book readers, monitors, microwaves, vacuum cleaners, stoves, washers, window air conditioners, freezers/refrigerators may be dropped off at Town Hall.
There is no tire recycling at the Township building. Please dispose of your tires where you purchase new ones, or at the Salem County Landfill.
Waste Spring & Fall Collection Days: Events are ALWAYS held on the third Saturday of April and October each year from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 non at the Salem County Solid Waste Facility 36 McKillip Road off Route 540 Alloway. Participation limited to Salem County Residents at no charge. For more info call 856-935-7900 ext 21
Salem County Solid Waste Facility
Salem County Landfill – Open on Wednesday and Saturday from 8 AM – 3 PM
For more information call 935-7900