- Deadline for Change of Party Affiliation Declaration –
- Voter Registration Deadline –
- Primary Election for 2017- Tuesday, June
- General Election for 2017 – Tuesday, November
- Polls Open at 6:00 AM and Close at 8:00 PM
Forms may be picked up at the Municipal Building. The Form may be used for the following purposes:
- Never registered before, new registration
- Name change
- Address change
- Signature Update
- Political Party Affiliation or non-affiliation change
To register to vote, you must be:
- A United States citizen
- Will be 18 years of age by the next election
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or on parole because of a felony conviction
Registration Deadline – 21 days prior to an election. Your County Commissioner of Registration will notify you if your application is accepted. If not accepted, you will be notified on how to complete and/or correct the application.
Voting Locations for Oldmans Township
|DISTRICTS 1 & 2||Municipal Bldg.
40 Freed Road
In New Jersey, any voter may not vote via Mail-in Ballot for any election. You do not need to state a reason for a Mail-in Ballot. A completed Mail-in Ballot may be sent to the Salem County Clerk’s Office up to 7 days prior to the election by mail or delivered in person at the Salem County Clerk’s Office until 3:00 p.m. the day before the election. The County Clerk’s Office cannot accept faxed copies of a Mail-in Ballot since the original signature is required.
Commissioner of Registration:
110 Fifth Street, Suite 1000
Salem, NJ 08079-9856
856-935-7510 ext. 8331
Board of Election
110 Fifth Street
Salem, NJ 08079
856-935-7510 ext. 8330
Board of Elections Website
Local Candidate Petitions
The Township Clerk certifies the Democratic and Republican Candidates Nominating Petitions for the June Primary Election. The Petition filing deadline is 64 days prior to the Primary Election. Upon certifying these petitions to the Salem County Clerk’s Office, the Candidates are placed on the ballot for the Primary. The Petitions are available in the Township Clerk’s Office fore review during normal business hours.
Independent Candidate for Municipal Office
- Name does not appear on Primary Ballot
- Name appears on the General Election Ballot in November
- Filing Petition – Petition must be filed with the County Clerk by 4:00 p.m. on Primary Election Day
- Signatures Required – Two percent (2.0%) of the total votes cast by all voters in the last preceding general election at which a member of the General Assembly was elected but no more than one hundred (100).
- Slogan – may not exceed three (3) words and may not contain reference to a political party